Noora Health

Impact Report on Noora Health’s Care Companion Program

Program activities
The neonatal and maternal health Care Companion Program (CCP) in India trains health professionals to impart critical post‑natal care practices to families of patients to help patients recover, avoid major complications and stay healthy long‑term.

 

IMPACT STATEMENT

$30 avoids hospital readmission for a mother or her newborn in the first two weeks after discharge.


 

Methodology
Noora Health collected data on outcomes of the population before and after the program. To estimate the change attributable to the program, Noora Health subtracted the change thought to be caused by factors other than the program by performing a regression adjustment.

Data source
Mother‑and‑baby dyads before and after the intervention were followed post‑discharge up to 2‑weeks for their health and behavior outcomes.

Attribution method
Using regression analysis, Noora Health and third‑party evaluators estimated that 80% of the observed pre‑post fall in readmissions was due to CCP, and the remaining 20% was due to differences in the characteristics of the preand post‑populations.

Details
This report was created by Noora Health with self‑reported data using ImpactMatters' impact reporting platform. This report covers May 2017 to September 2017.

 
download.png
 
Elijah Goldberg